About the Author
I'm still learning how to live and eat well despite a very restricted diet, which (due to my peanut allergy) also means a restricted life.
Food Foes*All recipes on this site are free of gluten (wheat, barley, rye, spelt), dairy, soy, eggs, peanuts, shellfish, tuna, beef, pork, tomatoes, apples, peaches, and strawberries. And quite a few other things, too.
- How I got peanuted at the doctor's office crunchycook.com/2013/06/13/how… 5 days ago
- What is #gluten anyway? This video is here to help! youtube.com/watch?v=p6CK_Q… 6 days ago
- What should The Crunchy Cook post about? facebook.com/questions/5856… 1 week ago
- Whoops, that previous link was not to a blues song. But this one is. Enjoy. :) youtube.com/watch?v=mbxQ9b… 2 weeks ago
- I think the Man of Steel gets off easier than a lot of us anaphylactic folks since Kryptonite sandwiches haven’t really taken off yet. 2 weeks ago
“This is my invariable advice to people: Learn how to cook- try new recipes, learn from your mistakes, be fearless, and above all have fun!”
~ Julia Child, My Life in France
“The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude.”
“...no one is born a great cook, one learns by doing.”
~Julia Child, My Life in France
"Those who forget the pasta are condemned to reheat it."
"After all the trouble you go to, you get about as much actual 'food' out of eating an artichoke as you would from licking 30 or 40 postage stamps." ~Miss Piggy
- 21,675 hits
Tag Archives: Disney
In honor of Halloween I thought I’d take a brake from my usual theme of food allergies and gluten to show off my costume. Mr. Munger, the fiancé, is graduating with his BA this December, so as a graduation present … Continue reading
As I mentioned yesterday, my future in-laws took Mr. Munger, my mom, my sister, and I all on a Disney Cruise in September. And it was amazing because I was actually able to eat. Not to mention, it was also … Continue reading
Mr. Munger is going to be finished with his BA in December and to celebrate, his parents decided to take him on his very first cruise. Being the sweet guy that he is, he asked if my family and I … Continue reading
I’ll be honest with you, I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with Disneyland. Spending a day at Mickey’s lair makes me feel like I’m vacationing inside of a giant advertisement—an entire theme park dedicated to living in, wearing, … Continue reading