About the Author
I'm still learning how to live and eat well despite a very restricted diet, which (due to my peanut allergy) also means a restricted life.
Food Foes*All recipes on this site are free of gluten (wheat, barley, rye, spelt), dairy, soy, eggs, peanuts, shellfish, tuna, beef, pork, tomatoes, apples, peaches, and strawberries. And quite a few other things, too.
- How I got peanuted at the doctor's office crunchycook.com/2013/06/13/how… 5 days ago
- What is #gluten anyway? This video is here to help! youtube.com/watch?v=p6CK_Q… 6 days ago
- What should The Crunchy Cook post about? facebook.com/questions/5856… 1 week ago
- Whoops, that previous link was not to a blues song. But this one is. Enjoy. :) youtube.com/watch?v=mbxQ9b… 2 weeks ago
- I think the Man of Steel gets off easier than a lot of us anaphylactic folks since Kryptonite sandwiches haven’t really taken off yet. 2 weeks ago
“This is my invariable advice to people: Learn how to cook- try new recipes, learn from your mistakes, be fearless, and above all have fun!”
~ Julia Child, My Life in France
“The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude.”
“...no one is born a great cook, one learns by doing.”
~Julia Child, My Life in France
"Those who forget the pasta are condemned to reheat it."
"After all the trouble you go to, you get about as much actual 'food' out of eating an artichoke as you would from licking 30 or 40 postage stamps." ~Miss Piggy
- 21,675 hits
Category Archives: Low Carb
Ratatouille is wonderful because not only is it tasty, it’s also one of the few foods my entire family can actually all eat. And it’s naturally gluten-free. Often times when people first go gluten-free they focus on breads and … Continue reading
[Update: Due to my dairy allergy, this isn't something I can eat anymore. But give it a try! It's tasty] Mr. M’s just celebrated his 28th rotation around the sun. Since our very first date to Seattle almost two years ago … Continue reading
[Update: Sadly, due to new allergies, this isn't something I can eat anymore. But I still highly recommend it if you're gluten-free or on a low carb diet] One of the low points commonly reached by newly gluten-free folks is … Continue reading
[Update: This is no longer something I can eat due to new allergies, but still something I recommend. I know it looks weird in the picture but it's actually really tasty!] Well, I might not have been posting but I’ve still … Continue reading