About the Author
I'm still learning how to live and eat well despite a very restricted diet, which (due to my peanut allergy) also means a restricted life.
Food Foes*All recipes on this site are free of gluten (wheat, barley, rye, spelt), dairy, soy, eggs, peanuts, shellfish, tuna, beef, pork, tomatoes, apples, peaches, and strawberries. And quite a few other things, too.
- How I got peanuted at the doctor's office crunchycook.com/2013/06/13/how… 5 days ago
- What is #gluten anyway? This video is here to help! youtube.com/watch?v=p6CK_Q… 6 days ago
- What should The Crunchy Cook post about? facebook.com/questions/5856… 1 week ago
- Whoops, that previous link was not to a blues song. But this one is. Enjoy. :) youtube.com/watch?v=mbxQ9b… 2 weeks ago
- I think the Man of Steel gets off easier than a lot of us anaphylactic folks since Kryptonite sandwiches haven’t really taken off yet. 2 weeks ago
“This is my invariable advice to people: Learn how to cook- try new recipes, learn from your mistakes, be fearless, and above all have fun!”
~ Julia Child, My Life in France
“The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude.”
“...no one is born a great cook, one learns by doing.”
~Julia Child, My Life in France
"Those who forget the pasta are condemned to reheat it."
"After all the trouble you go to, you get about as much actual 'food' out of eating an artichoke as you would from licking 30 or 40 postage stamps." ~Miss Piggy
- 21,679 hits
Category Archives: Chocolate
[Update: Due to new allergies, this isn't something I can eat anymore. But I've left it on the blog because it's tasty] In honor of my sister’s seventeenth birthday, I attempted my first gluten-free cake. As many gluten-free people know, … Continue reading
[Update: Sadly, due to new food allergies, this isn't something I can eat anymore. But it's yummy! So you should still give it a try] My very first attempt at making gluten-free, sugar-free cupcakes went alright, but the consistency was … Continue reading